Library Card Information
To get a permanent 1 year library card visit any San Bernardino County Library.
California resident – Free. Issued for 1 year
Non-California resident – $10 annual fee. Issued for 1 year
Be a Library Champion by supporting your local library and become an Option Card holder with a $5 donation per year. With your Option Card you can place holds on up to 50 items and can checkout up to 100 items at a time!
Requirements to Get a Permanent Library Card
Library card applicant must be present to receive a library card.
Identification and address verification requirements
• Photo ID with current mailing address (driver’s license, California ID card, student ID, work ID, passport – copies will not be accepted)
• Photo ID without current mailing address- (driver’s license, California ID card, student ID, work ID, passport) PLUS mail to applicant or parent/responsible person.
• Partial year residents that have out of state ID must have a local mailing address and meet the requirements above OR pay the Non-California resident fee.
Minors (0-17 YEARS)
The minor must be present to receive a library card.
Two options are available to assist minors age 0-17 in getting a library card:
1. The minor may be accompanied by a parent or other adult who is willing to accept financial responsibility for the account and able to present a photo ID and proof of current address. Photo ID must meet the criteria listed above, copies will not be accepted. Up to two responsible parties may have authorized access to the account; contact information on the account applies to the first name listed; the first-named person accepts financial responsibility for the account. Failure to return materials and fines/fees of $25 or more will result in referral to a collection agency and additional charges. If the account is submitted to the collection agency, the parent/responsible party will be responsible in his/her own name for the debt.
2. If a parent or responsible adult is unable to accompany the minor to the library, the minor may present the following:
a. Library card application form signed by the parent/responsible party.
b. Parent/Responsible Party’s actual photo ID (no copies accepted) and proof of current address.
c. Parent/Responsible Party Consent Agreement form completed and signed by the responsible adult.
Literacy clients/Customers unable to write
An adult companion or library staff member may complete the application form.
Institutional cards (SB County Departments, corporations, nonprofit organizations, schools, daycare centers, etc. – not to be issued to individuals living at a group home or school.)
A letter (on official letterhead from an authorized representative) listing authorized users and a statement that the organization (not the listed individuals) is responsible for all fees.
A standard Library Card Application, completed by the authorized representative.
Institutional cards are verified yearly.
Department of Child Services Parent/Guardian
This program is for children in out-of-home care. If your child is in out-of-home care, you can get him/her a library card in this program. You will need to show your care agreement for the child to verify that you are eligible for the program.
Lost or stolen library card
Contact your local San Bernardino County Library Branch immediately. Customers are responsible for any fines/fees on their library account unless the card was reported lost or stolen.
Replacement library card
It cost $2.00 to replace a regular library card. The $2.00 must be paid at the time of purchase.
When Privileges expires “Privilege has expired” visit any branch of the San Bernardino County Library.
Library Card Renewals:
Cards can be renewed over the phone when the customer has the card number.
Forgot your Library card PIN number
You can contact your local San Bernardino County Library branch by telephone (please have your library card and address ready for verification) or you can use our website on our Homepage and click on My Account, located at the top left corner of the screen. On the next screen click on Forgot my PIN, enter your library card or username, your PIN will be emailed to you.
Changing your library card PIN number
You can contact your local San Bernardino County Library branch by telephone (please have your library card and address ready for verification) or you can use our website on our Homepage and click on My Account, located at the top left corner of the screen. Enter your library card and PIN number. Click on Change Logon, enter your old PIN and new PIN in the boxes provided.
Creating a username to Logon to my account
From our website on our Homepage click on My Account, located at the top left corner of the screen. Enter your library card and PIN number. Click on Change Logon, check the box next to Change Username, and enter a username.
Check my Library Account Online
Check your account at anytime by logging into our catalog located here.
Logging on to My Account allows customers to view:
- Materials checked out on their library cards
- Holds placed
- Available holds
- From the My Account tab customers may also:
- Cancel all holds or selected individual holds to cancel
- Opt to keep a reading list
- Opt to keep saved search history